Doosan: Daewoo & Doosan History
Doosan machine tools and Daewoo are South Korean machine tool builders that merged in 2005 when Doosan completed the purchase of Daewoo. Even though Daewoo officially ceased production at that time, Doosan continued production of the Lynx and Doosan Puma series turning centers (Doosan CNC Lathes ) and these machines included both names on them. Today, Doosan has a network of over 30 Doosan dealers in the United States and services both name brands. Doosan is a major international manufacturer of machine tools, with the United States only account for about 20% of sales according to public documents.
Doosan Puma Lathe Series
The Doosan Puma lathe series like the most popular Doosan Puma 2600 are heavy-duty turning centers. Puma lathes can be horizontal, vertical or multi-tasking lathes. The boxway or linear guideway designs have chuck sizes ranging from 8 to 32 inches. You can also find big bore and other configurations like twin-turrets or milling capabilities on Puma lathes.
Key features for Doosan Puma Lathes:
- Protection from thermal displacement
- High-rigidity which reduces vibration
- Energy-saving features
- Space-saving compared to similar lathes
- Heavy-duty and high-speed capable
- Optional capabilities for milling, drilling, and tapping
- Configurations for twin-spindle, twin-turret and ram-type
The Doosan lathe is a very efficient and cost-effective solution for manufacturers. One popular lathe is the Puma 2600, a Y-axis series designed for single setups and making complex parts out of tough-to-machine materials. It comes with different variations to the series number. For turning theres 2600, 2600L, the 2600S, 2600SL, for mill-turning theres the series 2600 and M/ML, MS/LMS, Y/LY, and SY/LSY. This horizontal turning center has the following features:
Doosan Puma 2600
- Turning work length = 42.9
- Main Chuck size = 6.0
- Travel (X / Z-axis) = 10.2/32.7 and Z-axis 53.1 on the 2600L version
- Travel (Y-axis) = 51 (+/-2)
Short on Floor Space?
Try a Doosan Puma 400
For shops short on space, the Doosan Puma 400 is a great choice. The Doosan Puma 400 has a box guideway for heavy-duty cutting but sits on a footprint of only 58 x 82. It has been manufactured under the series name Puma 400 for years, from 2004 to 2012. These are powerful machines that have many series names to fit any application.
Doosan Puma 400 Series
- PUMA V400: Larger Machine - Includes 12 Inch Chuck, 18.1 Max Turn Length & 19.5 Turn Diameter
- PUMA V400M: Smaller Machine - Includes 12 Inch Chuck, 15.7 Max Turn Length & 16.5 Turn Diameter
Our team updates the Doosan lathe inventory daily. If you're looking into purchasing a Doosan machine tool CNC, We have the right machine in stock from a Puma 700 to Puma 2600 or we can help you find one that fits your needs and your budget. Call us at 844-262-6789 and we can help you with the process.